Upton Lake Christian School admits students of any race, color, gender and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally afforded to the students of the school. Our main focus is to partner with Christian families and Christian churches that hold to the tenets of historical Protestant faith, by providing academic and co-curricular activities for students. We are seeking students whose families believe in Jesus and desire a biblically centered education for their children.
Enrollment is considered to be a privilege and not a right. With it goes the responsibility to respect and cooperate with our purpose and regulations.
Kindergarten students must be at least five years old by December 1st of the school year entered. An entrance screening is given to determine a reasonable likelihood that the child will be successful in our program. Our program can accommodate students that will benefit from a second year.
Assessment tests are given to all incoming students. These are for the use of the school in assessing the student's academic compatibility and readiness for ULCS academic rigors and also for placing the students properly. Placement of any new student in a grade level rests with the faculty and principal.
In case of a waiting list, students will be accepted, all other things being equal, in the order of receipt of the application and fee.
Admission Process and Procedures:
1. Download the application forms directly from this website or request an application packet from the school which can be mailed to your home or picked up at the school office.
2. Please call the school with any questions and visit the classrooms, so that you can be assured that the educational mission , vision and outcomes are shared and supported by your family.
3. Since the school serves Christian families, a parent, guardian or close relative is needed who will pray for the student and accompany him or her to church.
4. Next, please submit a completed application , a non-refundable $60 application fee, and a copy of the student's birth certificate.
5. After the application has been reviewed, the applicant will be asked to submit the reference forms, and the student will be academically screened. All students meet with a teacher to ascertain compatibility with our educational program.
6. A full packet includes: a completed application and birth certificate, a pastor's reference, a former teachers' reference (grades 1-11), health forms, ULCS teacher's assessment, and student transcripts.
7. An interview is scheduled with the principal after the paper work is complete to discuss any questions and to clarify expectations.
8. After the paperwork is complete and a final meeting has occurred with the principal a decision will be made regarding admission.
9. Students will be enrolled when the registration form is submitted and all fees are paid. A tuition payment schedule will be set up at this time.
10. It is a privilege to serve you! We welcome the opportunity to partner with you.